Homes Just Listed in New Orleans’ Garden District
Below are homes listed in the last five days in the Garden District.
Garden District History
The Garden District, plantation lands that were subdivided and developed in the 1830s as prosperous Anglo immigrants sought to move out of the city center, is divided between the Lower Garden District, which is closer to downtown and is bounded by St. Charles Avenue, Annunciation Street, Erato and First Streets, and the Upper Garden District, which, further Uptown, or upriver, is bounded by St. Charles Avenue, First Street, Toledano Street, and Magazine Street. The predominant architectural styles in the Garden District are Greek Revival and Italianate, while structure types include single-story shotguns, double gallery homes, center-hall cottages and American townhouses.
Garden District New Orleans Map
Quick Facts about The Garden District
Population (2000): 1,179
Zip Codes: 70130
Median Listing Price:$725k
Median Price/Sq Ft: $328
County: Orleans Parish
School District: NOLA Public Schools
Travel & Commute Times
New Orleans: 7 mins
Broadmoor: 12 mins
Lakeview: 14 mins
Things to Do
See below for a full list of Bars, Restaurants, Music Venues, Shopping, Banks, Dry Cleaners, Places of Worship and more!
Garden District Real Estate Market Stats
Garden District Amenities
The Garden District plays host to high fashion boutiques, world-class restaurants, and cutting-edge coffee shops, all of which are on offer in one of the United States’ most beautiful, distinctive and livable neighborhoods.
Garden District Restaurants
Emeril’s Delmonico – located on St. Charles Avenue in the Lower Garden District, this historic restaurant, which began serving Creole cuisine in 1895, was brought back to life by famed Chef Emeril Lagassee in 1998 after an extensive historic renovation. Since its rebirth, it has been a top draw in the city for its elegant atmosphere, sophisticated interpretation of New Orleans culinary traditions and excellent steaks.
Mr. John’s Steakhouse – also on St. Charles Avenue, Mr. John’s is considered by many to be New Orleans’ best steakhouse. Serving USDA prime meats, as well as Italian influenced dishes that serve to broaden the menu beyond traditional steakhouse offerings, Mr. John’s is a neighborhood mainstay that truly deserves the high praise it regularly receives.
Coquette – At Coquette, located in an elegant historic building at the corner of Magazine Street and Washington, Chef Michael Stoltzfus prepares innovative, seasonally-inspired southern dishes. Since opening in 2008, Coquette has made several best of the city lists, and Chef Stoltzfus himself has been recognized by the James Beard Foundation for his culinary talents.
Commander’s Palace – The grand dame of the New Orleans dining scene, Commander’s has been turning out classic New Orleans cuisine since 1880. Since the Brennan family took control of the restaurant in the 1970s, some of the city’s best known chefs, such as Paul Prudhomme and Emeril Lagasse, have run its famed kitchen. Now, with Tory McPhail at the helm, Commander’s focus is on Haute Creole cuisine made with the best of local Louisiana ingredients.
Stein’s Market & Deli – Stein’s, located on Magazine Street just off Jackson, is the place to go for an excellent bagel or Italian style sandwich. Stein’s also offers the neighborhood an excellent selection of craft beers and wine, as well as salumi and cheese.
Juan’s Flying Burrito – Juan’s, in the Lower Garden District, is the neighborhood spot to satisfy your burrito or taco craving. Reasonably priced, hipster friendly and very casual, every neighborhood needs a Juan’s.
Hi Volt Coffee – your Lower Garden source for avant garde coffee offerings.
Garden District District Bars and Music Venues
Garden District Bars and Music Venues
The Saint – New Orleans does not lack for hipster dive bars, but The Saint might be the finest expression of the genre.
Avenue Pub – located on St. Charles Avenue, the Avenue Pub has perhaps the city’s best selection of craft beer and small batch whiskeys.
Garden District Shopping
Magazine Street, New Orleans’ premier shopping thoroughfare, runs through the Garden District. Lined with art galleries, boutiques, furniture stores, restaurants and all manner of local retailers, it’s a bustling expression of New Orleans’ unique cultural charm.
Aidan Gill – Located on Magazine Street in the Lower Garden District, Aidan Gill, part gentleman’s retailer and part old world barber, is the neighborhood spot for a cut and a shave and your resource for men’s grooming products and all manner of other fine products for the discerning man.
Garden District Book Shop – Located in the historic Rink shopping mall in the heart of the Garden District, the Garden District Book Shop is the neighborhood independent book store of everyone’s dreams, with a wide selection of books on local and regional subjects as well as an impressive array of literary fiction and historical works, not to mention regular author readings.
Spruce Eco-Studio – An interior design studio that specializes in modern design and sustainable interior design. Also a retail store with an emphasis on sustainable decor, modern furnishings and accessories.
Thomas Mann Gallery – A renowned Lower Garden District jewelry and sculpture artist.
Garden District Places of Worship
- Christ Church Cathedral
- St. Mary’s Assumption Church
- Trinity Episcopal Church
Garden District Schools
- Trinity Episcopal School
- International School of Louisiana
- ReNew SciTech Academy
- St. Alphonsus School
- Sophie B. Wright Institute of Academic Excellence
Additional Garden District Amenities
- Coliseum Square
- Annunciation Square
Garden District Neighborhood Resources
- The Garden District Association
- Magazine Street Merchants’ Association
- Coliseum Square Neighborhood Association
Find Garden District Homes for Sale With a local New Orleans Realtor
Alex Peet is a local expert on New Orleans’ Garden District. When buying or selling real estate here, you want a real estate agent who knows the area and can guide you in the right direction. From investment properties to your first home, Alex can help you find the perfect property in The Garden District for your needs.
Call Alex at (504) 407-9012 or contact Alex online to tell him what you want in your next home. He’ll start searching right away!
Popular 1-Click New Orleans Real Estate: Garden District
Below are some of the most popular search terms related to searching homes & real estate in the Garden District New Orleans.
- Homes for Sale Garden District New Orleans
- New Orleans Garden District Homes for Sale
- Zillow New Orleans Garden District
- Garden District Houses for Sale
- Garden District New Orleans Homes for Sale
- New Orleans Real Estate Garden District
- Homes for Sale in the Garden District New Orleans
- Garden District Homes
- Homes for Sale in New Orleans Garden District
- Homes for Sale in Garden District New Orleans
- New Orleans Homes for Sale Garden District
- Homes for Sale New Orleans Garden District
- New Orleans Garden District Homes
- Garden District New Orleans Homes
- New Orleans Garden District Real Estate
- Lower Garden District New Orleans Homes for Sale
- Condos for Sale New Orleans Garden District
- New Orleans Garden District Condos
New Orleans Real Estate Garden District
Homes for sale in the Garden District New Orleans
Search Garden District homes by type and price. Email me or contact me by phone at 504-407-9012 to view Garden District properties of interest to you.
Be among the first to find out when Garden District properties hit the market: click here to join my New Orleans real estate email list.
Garden District Homes for Sale
Use the quick search links below to instantly view homes for sale in your price range, or view the most recent houses listed in the Garden District below.
- Search Garden District Homes Under $500,000
- Search Garden District Homes Between $500,000 and $800,000
- Search Garden District Homes Between $800,000 and $1,200,000
- Search Garden District Homes Between $1,200,000 and $1,600,000
- Search Garden District Homes Between $1,200,000 and $1,600,000
- Search Garden District Homes Between $1,600,000 and $2,000,000
- Search Garden District Homes Above $2,000,000
- Search All Garden District Homes
Garden District Condos for Sale
- Search Garden District Condos Under $300,000
- Search Garden District Condos Between $300,000 and $500,000
- Search Garden District Condos Between $500,000 and $800,000
- Search Garden District Condos Between $800,000 and $1,200,000
- Search Garden District Condos Between $1,200,000 and $1,500,000
- Search Garden District Condos Above $1,500,000
- Search All Garden District Condos